Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Creation of a New Life Situation

I have been at Temple University for nearly one and a half semesters now and I'm sad to say that this past Friday was the first time I attended a party on campus. I'm also glad to say that I attended an on campus party. Better late than never. I called an old high school friend who is currently living on campus at Temple University early Friday evening to see if anything was going on. After he had invited me to come to a party I immediately searched for excuses why I should stay home. I was unable to get anyone I felt comfortable with to come with me and my car had been acting up. On top of all this the weather was bad and I didn't want to be stranded on the highway in bad weather. After a little coaxing from my old friend I decided to throw caution to the wind and brave my emotions. It was great to catch up with my friend and it was really cool to see how kids were living here at Temple. At the party we played beer pong and listened to music and talked about the good old days. It was really nice. I also had a great conversation with these two really cute girls and was able to walk away with one of their numbers. At the end of the night me and my high school friend's roommate Juan stayed up and made hamburgers, red beans, and rice. Juan is from Columbia and I got to learn quite a bit about him and his hometown. It was nice to make a new friend. Even though I had to jump start my car the next morning it was an experience I wouldn't soon trade in. It's also interesting to note that besides my cell phone I also used facebook and myspace to stay in touch with the new friends I made that night. If I'm lucky we may go out again this weekend. Could one of the cute females be a love interest? You'll just have to wait and find out.

No comments: