Thursday, February 8, 2007

I Reorganized My Room This Weekend



My room is in the basement of a 3 story suburban home. I do not have my own entrance to the basement but it is still nice to be so separated from the rest of my family. My room is really 2 small rooms in one. When I enter the first room the only light shines in through a tiny rectangular window. If I continue I enter a second room where upon closing the door no light can shine through. This is where my bed is. I can fall asleep at any time during the day because my room gets so dark it feels as though it's night time. I like this about my room; however, sometimes I can get cabin fever. I miss looking out of a window into the daylight and onto the street below. When I gaze out of my window all I see is the drivers side tire of my neighbor's Ford Aerostar. I figure a little bit of sunlight is better than none at all and this is why I moved my bed into the room with the window. I must say it was sort of nice being awakened naturally by the sun; as opposed to my ear drum piercing alarm clock. I enjoyed watching the rain trickle down the window Paine but when I woke up Sunday morning to the site of 3 snotty nosed little kids who were spying through the window I decided to crawl back into my cave. I know what you're thinking, I could just put up some blinds and my problem would be solved but these are my demon little brother's friends and they wont stop hanging around my window until I go upside their heads with a shovel and even then... mmm I don't know. Truth of the matter is I like darkness. I've grown accustomed to it and it helps me get to sleep. Afternoon naps are one of my favorite pastimes and I can't let the sun come between me and my happiness.

No comments: